To serve as a catalyst to enhance trade and commerce in the nation and in the region.
To provide efficient port and port related services to facilitate trade and commerce in the region by adhering to international best practices.
Objectives of the Company
- Being a profitable business enterprise, providing safe, efficient port services to port users.
- Formulating corporate governance policies, procedures and codes to assist the Board in the exercise of its duties and responsibilities and to serve the best of Maldives Ports Limited and its stakeholders.
- Establishing a reputation for quality by maintaining the highest possible technical, operating and service standards.
- Responding to the needs of customers by continual assessment and development of the ports of the Maldives.
- Maintaining a friendly environment, recognizing port users as the basis for the existence of the ports.
- Achieving a satisfactory return on shareholders funds and maintaining a sound policy of adequate retention of earnings for future growth.
- Establishing economically viable port related services.
- To develop and motivate staff to achieve the company objectives.
- Establishing a healthy work environment in Male Commercial Harbour.